Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Prep, prep, prep

I cannot say it enough...prepare as much ahead as possible for the inevitable chaotic evening.  Remember that whole fish thing I talked about yesterday, yeah well doesn't work so well if you never take the fish out of the freezer.  My husband may burgers for himself and the "kids".  Small Pup and Chunky Pup-like she needs a burger?  I had purchased mescalin mix at the Farmer's Market and I had those beautiful tomatoes and always sweet onions and avocado.  I made a lovely chopped salad, threw on some olives and about an ounce of really yummy imported Italian cheese, king of all cheese and added the locally made vinegar also from the market and called it dinner.  I'm almost looking forward to having my cholesterol tested again, between cutting back on beef and ramping up fish and chicken it's not like the number can be bad!

I did do the smart thing with the leftover Italian pastries from Sunday- took them to the office and shared them. That way I did not eat them and they did not go to waste.

I have no idea what I am doing for this Sunday, except that I am staying away from the obvious gluten.  I think for dessert I may do a cheesecake with marscapone and goat cheese.  I like using marscapone rather than regular cream cheese and goat cheese gives it such a great tangy background.  I will probably have to do a little gluten because the crust will have to be crumb based, I'm thinking I will use Amaretti, I love them and I have some in the cupboard from this past Sunday's breakfast.  Maybe I'll do something Greek-like for dinner.  Shrimp something maybe, I wish I could find octopus, it is the one thing I have never cooked and would like to.  Oh well, there are just some things that are very difficult to get locally.

Have you checked out the Weight Watcher's website lately?  They have a fun new challenge- LiveLifeActive Community Challenge.  You have to sign up and become a member, but seriously what are you waiting for?  It works, do it! http://www.weightwatchers.com/templates/Marketing/Marketing_Utool_1col.aspx?pageid=1336491 You will never find anything that works as well, it teaches life style change, not hocus pocus garbage where you do lose- you know 50lbs 25 days crap like that which the ongoing fads and crazes that reinvent themselves every 10 years and people fall for...again.

Think about making that change...it will change your life.

Have a healthy, happy, and safe day!

No comments:

Post a Comment