Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bacon does not make everything better

The beauty of muscle relaxers is that they can be vvvvvvvvvvverrryyyyyyy effective.  My back does not hurt to the degree my head is sleepy, that's for sure!  I really thought that with all the weight I have lost, the issues of bending, twisting, and lifting in whatever the magical configuration is that injures my middle right side of back would go away.  Oh, here I am, wrong again.  Good thing I don't have a problem with that.

I left work early yesterday and came home and took a pill and immediately went to sleep, I did eventually manage to get dinner on the table.  The glory of simple dinners, is that slicing takes very little effort and that was all I had to do, and spray the pan with Olive Oil Pam.

I am very puzzled by something.  Are we not on a national campaign to curb and- nay, I even say reduce- obesity and Type II diabetes in children?  Can anyone intelligently explain BACON fudge sundaes at Burger King (http://www.bk.com/en/us/menu-nutrition/snacks-203/desserts-234/bacon-sundae-m2574/index.html) to me?  Honestly, I have a hard enough time understanding that much fried food in one place to begin with, but seriously?  Bacon does not make everything better---Blood Pressure, Obesity, Cholesterol, Fatty Liver...should I keep going?

I love to rant that elastic waist bands were the demise of the self-control in the American female diet, but wrong again, it is apparently the almighty dollar and the ability to market crap to the masses.  And people gripe that banks have no moral compass?  That Wall St. will bring down the country?  I don't argue that, but how about the real human cost of spending hard earned dollars in fast food joints that are slowly killing our children?  And ourselves.  Think about that next time you hit the drive-thru for a snack.

Stay away from Bacon Fudge Sundaes so that you can have a healthy, happy, safe and long life.

No comments:

Post a Comment