Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Piccole Polpette nel Brodo

Remember the veal meatball I made on a Sundays Off a weeks back?  Well, I put the uncooked meat mixture in the freezer.  And here it is June, and I am making Piccole Polpette nel Brodo because it is not warming up much today.  Granted, low 70's is not cold, but still this time of the year?  And it gives me an excuse to make mini meatballs in broth!  Who does not love that.  I am not sure how to calculate points for that mixture, I may just use high points value for 80/20 beef to be safe.

I bought broccoli rabe at the grocery store, so I will toss that in, some tomatoes, basil, and fresh thyme- from my container garden on the porch- add some chicken stock (in box, I love Kitchen Basics); cook some small pasta for my husband and call it dinner.

I have started reading Weight Loss Boss (http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=171501), it's pretty good so far.  I never thought about weight loss from the male perspective.  Let's face it...women are consumed by their weight, their pant size, does their butt look fat...it is endless, we are consumed, but men other than ripped abs, and "guns" from my sons I never heard much.  Blake is very appearance conscious and size conscious.  Both he and Andrew are both (if I don't say so myself) very good-looking boys (men?).  I know the physical fitness part of it does not come easy for Blake, like me, he has always struggled with it.  Andrew may come at it from a different perspective since he has never had a weight issue.  But my sons are the extent of my experience with male weight issues.  The book so far is worth reading.  I'll keep you posted.

Have a healthy, happy, and safe day.

No comments:

Post a Comment