Friday, June 8, 2012

Mediterranean, not just Greek!

This has to be short and sweet...very long day ahead and more to do than I thought this time yesterday!

Mediterranean, not necessarily Greek.  I think I will start Sundays Off dinner with a Beet Salad with Feta, one of my favorite all time salads spring into summer and right through fall when I can harvest the beets from my own garden.  I'll grab the feta cheese from Painted Goat at the Farmer's Market.  I love her cheese, some of the best I've ever had-  http://paintedgoat.com.

From there I am thinking Grilled Shrimp with Charmoula, a Moroccan marinade made with fresh parsley, cilantro, lemon, and garlic.  I am serving this with my all time favorite couscous made with freshly squeezed orange juice and cinnamon.  I'll use some of the blended cinnamon (not the Vietnamese) I picked up at Penzey's Albany store (Crossgates Mall) last week http://www.penzeys.com.

If Heller's Farm has yellow tomatoes again Saturday, I will do a side of Baked Tomatoes with Garlic, Parsley, and Bread Crumbs.  Their yellow tomatoes were outstanding last weekend...I hope I can get to the market in time.  I will be on fishing boat early, but hopefully off by ten.

Then, for dessert, the aforementioned Cheesecake, for which I will use some of Painted Goat's creamy goat cheese, marscapone, vanilla bean, and lemon zest in a crust of crumbled amaretti with butter.

I'll figure out wine while fishing in the morning...

Have a happy, healthy, and safe day.

No comments:

Post a Comment