Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ate late, ate well, and stayed in points!

How come time off sails so much faster than time at work…and I love my job; pity the poor soul who doesn’t.  Needless to say that dinner did not happen until about 8PM last night.  I hate eating that late, but by the time I finished making the corn tortillas for the enchiladas it was later than I expected.  I cheated a little after that and instead of rolling enchiladas, I made a stacked casserole.  And I did use premade enchilada sauce.
You know what really makes me crazy (okay for those who know me well, this is just one of many, it’s true) when all over television you see advertisements for a product and then you make yourself crazy trying to find it in the grocery store.  I looked high and low for Queso Fresco, which is part of a new cheese line endorsed by Chef Aaron Sanchez(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER7tiCd7ep8).  Do think I could find it anywhere?  Noooooooooooooo.  Of course not.  I stuck with (better loss choice, but not flavor or consistency choice) Weight Watchers Mexican blend.  I was in Price Chopper, Hannaford, and even checked Target when I was in there.  Has anyone out there seen it?  Comment or email me if you have.
Avocado Cream: (best stuff ever) 1 medium avocado peeled and halved, 1 cup sour cream (I used fat free last night) juice of one lime (fresh, please do not use the bottled junk), and maybe ¼ cup of cilantro.  Throw it all in a tall cup and mix it up with a burr stick (hand-blender, I have a Cuisinart (http://www.cuisinart.com/products/hand_blenders/csb-77.html), think I use it almost every day) and blend away.  I always wait to throw in the salt until after I have tasted I; it always varies depending on the tartness of the lime juice.  Not only is this good on Mexican food, but it is good for smoked turkey sandwiches made on thick sourdough bread.
Believe it or not, I actually stayed within my points allowance for the day.  And took three walks; two with Chunky Pup and one at The Farmers’ Museum at lunch to see the new baby cow.  I am attaching a picture of Chunky Pup so everyone can see the progress she makes over time as well!  Stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment