Friday, May 4, 2012

Up all night, and not having fun

Chunky pup suffers from great thunder and lightening anxiety...need I say more?  In Central NY at 2AM storms running rampant until about 4AM...who needs sleep its Friday.

I looked at Facebook before writing this today.  One of my best middle school and into high school friends has planted an amazing herb garden this year.  And it sounds like last night's dinner was herb filled!  Way to go Alli.  Just as an FYI, browned butter with fresh sage over fresh pasta is unbelievable.  She wants to try lemon balm and basil next.  One of my favorite things in the entire world is lemon grass, a good quantity, smashed and chopped diffused into peanut oil (then strained because lemon grass is inedible), in which I then saute opal basil, ginger, garlic, and thai chili peppers served over brown rice or lo mein noodles.

This is why I love food.  It is versatile, fun, creative, and everyone can share it, even after we grow up, grow older, and our lives grow seperate. 

Women who read this will appreciate the following:  I am not looking forward to stepping on the scale tomorrow.  Probably one Saturday a month until Menopause the scale will be off-putting.  I am preparing myself mentally because even though I know I will not see a loss, and maybe even a gain, it is temporary and annoying, but no reflection on who I am or what I am doing.

It's Friday, I have to start thinking about what I am making on Sunday.  Alli has given me some ideas.  I promise pictures this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment