Friday, May 18, 2012

The last person you'll ever kiss

So I told my friend Jess yesterday that I have come to the realization that this is now my life.  I cannot go back to eating the way I did before February 5.  Fruits, vegtables, and lean protien six days a week with Sundays Off is my life. The big thud in the background was just the other shoe hitting the ground.  This realization was not a bad thing.  Yes, I will miss eating pan roasted potatoes, or rice pilaf browning the rice in butter to open the grain first, pasta dishes that have more fat and calories than a person needs in a day (unless you are a marathon, or boilermaker, runner), let alone in one meal.  BUT, and this is a huge, ginormously huge but (no pun intended)...I feel great.  I look better than I did, my skin and my hair are reaping great benefits, and I am only a little more than halfway there.  I cannot imagine what it will be like when the weight loss ends and maintaining begins.

I told her I think it is sort of like the moments before you get married.  This is the last new person you will ever kiss.  That's not a bad thing.  It's the warm fuzzy that comes right after that where you know that life will be wonderful and your thoughts, feelings, and dreams will kept safe for the rest of your life.

I don't miss the way I was, I am better now and I am more determined and tenacious than ever (I probably just set my boss's teeth on edge, I get the feeling he thinks I dig my heels in and hang on enough as it is) and ready to face the world with my committed life relationship with food.  Like all marriages, I am sure it will have it's ups and downs.  But like life with my husband, I will work through the rough patches and come out the other side in a stronger and more committed relationship.

Have a happy, healthy, safe day.

No comments:

Post a Comment