Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I know I shouldn't but...

I am weighing myself everyday this week.  I'm terrified.  I have worked so hard to lose this now almost 27lbs. that I cannot tolerate the thought of gaining a tenth of a pound back.  I know, how can I gain weight living on lean protein, vegetables, and fish?  Intellectually, I know you cannot, but as someone who has battled food and weight virtually their whole lives sometimes intellect does not play much of a role.  So, surprisingly enough (not) I still weigh the same as I did Sunday morning.  Down a total of 26.6lbs.  I really want to hit 30lbs down by the middle of June.

I never made it to Clinton yesterday.  Army went up to the woodlot in the morning to talk to turkeys (Spring Turkey season mornings only and thankfully only for the month) and I did a lot of nothing.  So when he came home I convinced him that really wanted he to do was take me to the zoo in Utica.  Yeah, not so much.  But off we went and once we arrived, it was fun.  Apparently they have changed the sight of the physical entrance, but GPS does not recognize it; nor did Army's GPS even recognize that Utica has a zoo.  So that was a bit of an adventure.  My husband does not like to drive in areas he is unfamiliar with, so it often gets a little tense.  Me, I don't much care, after driving in Atlanta (and always finding my way home) I figure I can pretty much drive anywhere.  I did not feel that way before living in Atlanta.  I was my mother, but younger.  I am glad that has changed; I don't like being afraid or feeling like I am not in control.

I had a huge salad last night with mustard greens, love them- they are peppery and spicy.  Tomatoes from Heller's Farm, no website or I would link it; an avocado, vidalia onion, and some boneless, skinless chicken breast that I grilled the other night after I broke down all the chicken.  I topped it with balsamic vinegar, no oil and salt and pepper.

I think I will still go to the movies later today...the weather does not sound great.  Tomorrow does, and off to Albany we go.  I have no idea what dinner will be tonight, but I know what it won't be- stressful.  I have all kinds of greens, fresh fruit, vegetables and maybe NY Strip.  Yum.

Have a healthy, happy, and safe day.

No comments:

Post a Comment