Monday, May 28, 2012

Take a minute to remember those who have fallen

I am sitting on the front porch this morning. Cannot even bring myself inside long enough to sit at my computer and blog- albeit it is easier than trying to do this on my iPad. No food coma this morning, but then no gluten yesterday. What a difference this makes. The brownie mix that I used as the middle layer in the tri-level brownies is unbelievably yummy. Take a look:


Really, how could that be bad?  A little Ben & Jerry's, a little fresh whipped cream with heavy cream sourced locally.  What could go wrong?

Dinner was pretty good to.  Surprisingly, to me, the Jerk Chicken was not as hot as the Rice and "Peas".  Both were great and actually the chicken could easily be a Mon-Sat because it is skin off chicken breast and marinated in peppers, onions, garlic, spices, and citrus.  No oil.  I may actually use brown rice next time more for flavor and texture than anything.  White rice is soooooooooooooooooo boring now that I never eat it anymore.  Here's a shot of dinner, grilled pineapple and pinot grigio included!


I already had a latte and two bananas.  I love bananas, they have 0 points.  I probably eat six a day.  I have blackberries, raspberries, papaya, watermelon, and pineapple.  I should be okay; although, I have no plan for the day.  That's not good.  Maybe I'll take a ride to Clinton.  It is one of the absolute cutest towns, and there are some cool stores and an Indian food restaurant.  If I stay away from things that have coconut milk or ghee I should be able to find some points friendly meals.  Tomorrow, I know big plans here, I am going to see the Avengers.  No popcorn!

Have a healthy, happy, and safe day and take a moment to remember those who have fallen to protect our right to live the way we do, enjoy the things we do, and say the things we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment