Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A pups life

I don't even know where yesterday went.  I was so busy.  It did make dinner easy...and very Points friendly.  Left over baby greens, cherry tomatoes, left over grilled pineapple and left over chicken-less the skin.  I took the ricotta (about 2oz of it) and added some fresh rosemary, lemon thyme, salt and pepper and mixed it all up and put dollops on the top of the salad, finished with a little of the left over dressing and called it good.

I want the life of one of my dogs.  Run around outside, jump in the pond, chase chipmunks, sleep when tired; which, like with human babies seems to be during the day, or why else would I be up all night?  Between them and the humidity, which sucks the life right out of me, I am tired.  My husband thinks this is funny, so he refers to me as Cranky Spanky, of course he thinks its funny...when the dogs are not bugging me, his snoring does.  I swear, I don't know how he has not sucked his face inside out yet.  I digress, the purpose of this was that the good Dr. Oz reiterated the other night on Piers Morgan, the importance of a sound nights sleep with the a solid diet to maintain good health and the importance of sleep when trying to loose weight.  I would probably be even more successful at the weight loss if I could actually get seven straight hours of sleep.

I started looking for Jamacian recipes last night.  I found a cool website, that has recipes and more.  Here is the link http://www.foodbycountry.com/Germany-to-Japan/Jamaica.html.  I think I will be cliche the first time out and do jerk chicken; who knew that allspice was to their food what pepper is to ours?  I think this will be fun...definitely unfamiliar.  The fruit drink sounds amazing as well and i may actually use it as the base of a cocktail...I don't know.  I will keep you updated as the week goes along.

Dinner tonight is another no-brainer...grilled NY Strips and (surprise!) salads.  Army will get some potatoes so he does not suffer withdrawal, he has not had any since Thursday.

Have a happy, healthy, safe day!

No comments:

Post a Comment