Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The wagon

Eek, it drove by and I fell out of it! Never have left over yummy, yummy dessert from Sundays Off on Tuesday. That grape cake just kept calling me and calling me; louder and louder until I caved in. So possibly the treadmill has come to live here at the perfect time. Guess I will be on that a little longer tomorrow.

My dad turned 75 yesterday and he is pretty happy, healthy, and seems to be content with his life. That is where I would like to be at 75; hell, I would like to be there now. I am a little over twelve pounds away from the first two, but the last one, I have no clue how to get there. Will I have to wait another 25+ years? Content is not a goal to work toward like a passport, losing 50 pounds, or paying off my car. I'm not sure how to achieve that. I do not even know the steps to take. I should check with my Dad, maybe he can impart the wisdom of his years and make the next leg of this journey easier. Because somehow I think maintaining a steady weight, not using food for comfort, and living a healthy life depends on it.

Have a happy, healthy, and safe day

No comments:

Post a Comment