Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Anniversary Dinner

No, I did not take the day off...I'm just late.

Last night's dinner at the Lake Front was not what I had planned on, but was fabulous none the less. They no longer had the dish on the menu I had planned on ordering.  Instead I went with the Crostini with Duck Confit, Caramelized Onions, Figs and Gorgonzola.  Yummy!  For dinner I had the Roasted Beet Salad.  That is one of my go to's when I see it on the menu.  I also order dressing on the side, and don't dress it, but I love the roasted beets and the feta cheese, and on a bed of mixed greens, it is always a healthy choice.  Last night's was topped with spiced nuts, rather than sweet, I know those are rolled in melted butter and herbs so I did not eat all of them.  Two glasses of Frey Chardonnay and dinner was done!

Now the unfortunate part of Sundays Off dinner on Sunday and last night over indulgence was a .5lb weight gain.  Now back to fruit, vegetables, and lean protein and no alcohol during the week!  I just committed to losing more; I can't start going back the other way now!

Have a healthy, happy, and safe day.

No comments:

Post a Comment