Friday, August 17, 2012

Sleep

I am beginning to understand why weight-loss experts hammer this one home. When you don't get enough of it your brain spends the entire day trying to convince your stomach that clearly it must need energy...undoubtedly, your brain says, in the form of carbs.

Two nights in a row now, awake every two hours between one dog not coming home until after midnight- he is an unfixed beagle and the little girl beagle down the street is behaving, shall we say rather promiscuously. The other pup wants to pee every hour and drink every two; of course, if she drinks from the minute I arrive home from work until bedtime she is much more likely to sleep through the night.

Last night we had to go pick up my car from the shop after work, I had dinner to cook. Oh, that was yummy, cabbage straight from the garden sautéed in a little (very little, like a tablespoon for half a head) olive oil, mustard seeds, fresh ginger, garlic, garamsala, 1/4 cup white wine and 1/2 cup of chicken stock added after the cabbage started to break down. Then I laid some barramundi fillets on top, turned it down and simmered for about 10 minutes. I served it with brown rice pearls and it was yummy. Then I sat with Chunky Pup awaiting the return of Small Pup. And waiting. Army went to bed. Then I waited some more. And waited. And waited. And waited. Until midnight when the very bad Small Pup finally came home.

And then, like small children the every two hour stuff started. Tonight, Army deals with it. I am sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment