Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dear Brain:

We are not living in a time of famine; I am no longer of child-bearing years. I am not menopausal. I am giving this body you live in less unhealthy food, more fruits, veggies, lean protein, and exercising more for its own good.

I do not wish to arise at 5:30 am for the sheer pleasure of it, but I do so in service to this body that has been abused over many years and to make it a nicer home for you to live in.

I have not given up gluten for the benefit of my taste buds, that's for damn sure. I have done so in the hope that the less toxins stored within will make this home of yours more appealing to you.

I have certainly not given up drinking wine Mon-Sat out of some urge to drive myself to the brink of insanity, but so that you will feel safer and more content in clear surroundings.

And all I ask in return is that you talk to your body contact and ask it to release some of these last 10+lbs it is holding onto for dear life!

I am tired of being STUCK!

Thank you. I look forward to your prompt response.

Corrine

No comments:

Post a Comment