Saturday, September 1, 2012

Farmer's Market

Okay, love the lady that makes the chocolate stuffed brioche- tomorrow's breakfast.

Autumn is here, the market starts opening at 9 instead of 8 and pretty soon it will only be every other week. So sad, truly, it is the only part of summer fading away that saddens me. The good news was some of the fall squashes were for sale and brussel sprouts were available. I love to just cut them in half and pan roast them salt and pepper and hit them with lemon juice or balsamic vinegar when they come out of the oven.

But, not tomorrow. Tomorrow I am smoking a pork butt for pulled pork, smoking hot Italian sausages, and smoking spare ribs! A veritable feast! I am making my mom's macaroni salad with peas and carrots, and, for dessert: chocolate shortbread with fresh raspberries, a blueberry sauce (with some of the berries we froze last year), and of course, hand-whipped cream. I think Sam Adams Autumn selections instead of wine to honor the food.

I love three day weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment