Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sunday's dinner

I could not persuade the Blogger app to open yesterday! So Sunday's dinner came out of the smoker beautifully! I had deboned the butt (which is actually the shoulder; the ham is the rear), tied, brined it overnight, dried it, and rubbed it with brown sugar and chili powder,; then, smoked it for six hours. It sliced beautifully and the leftovers I can pull for dinner one night this week. I grilled peppers and onions and did hoagies with the spicy hot smoked sausage. The balance went in the freezer for pizza this coming Sunday.

Short work week, between the holiday yesterday and taking Friday off because...Blakey is coming! He will be so surprised when he sees me!

And I see my Thursday...cannot wait to see the look on her face!

See pics below from Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment