Friday, September 14, 2012

Harvest Festival

Fall is my favorite part of the year. It is truly one of the reasons I love the Northeast. I love it even more now that I work for The Farmers' Museum in Cooperstown, NY. The museum is a mid 1800's working farm and Harvest Fest a celebration of Summer's end. Something I am always looking forward to!

The family activities are amazing, the variety of food, and the furry animals make for a great day. The festival is both Saturday and Sunday and I am working both, but only sampling the yummy stuff on Sunday.

Let me tell you, Nestlé Toll House cookies got nothing on our in-house chef Bob O'Rourke's chocolate chip cookies, or the roasted corn dipped in butter, baked goods from the local grange ladies and pies from the church ladies.

There is nothing bad about attending the original Harvest Festival, (now 34th and going strong), and if you are a member of the New York State Historical Association, (NYSHA), your admission is free.

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment