Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sundays Off, night

I probably should have said the Sunday posts would be in the evenings...after dinner time, but I forgot to.

I also cannot give you any of the recipes because they are not mine! David Venable, host of QVC's in the Kitchen with David (www.qvc.com) has published a cookbook full of his favorite southern recipes and family recipes and damn if I am not going to cook all of them over the next several months of Sundays Off. Truth be told, it may further delay the balance of the weight I have to lose...still have 6.5 lbs to the small goal and 11 to the final goal. I used a pound and a half of butter today and bacon fat! I may have to run a marathon on Sundays or snow shoe or something.

Anyway, check out the pics...and yes that is a throwback to the 70's- Pineapple Upsidedown Cake, made in my favorite cast iron skillet. Want non-stick? Get cast iron and keep it well seasoned!

No comments:

Post a Comment