Monday, April 23, 2012

Okay, Monday morning.  Fresh ricotta is fabulous.  I think probably die hard ricotta fans would argue the authenticity since I not only broke the whole milk only rule, but I also used goat's milk!  But I had the most fabulously creamy, salty, mousse like ricotta I have ever eaten...and let's face it, I did not get heavy eating carrots so it is fair to say I have probably had my share of ricotta cheese.  Here's the photo I promised.

This is was one of the best Sundays Off yet.  What you are seeing is the veal meatballs in a light sauce made with a roux from a little bit of the fat they cooked in, flour, chicken stock, and white wine.  I sauteed some Broccoli Rabe in chicken stock to take off the bitter edge it can have and then there is the lovely toasted baguette rubbed with garlic and spread with the fresh Ricotta.I did make the Panna Cotta for dessert, but forgot the picture.  I topped it with some fresh slice grapes and a touch of real Maple Syrup...yum, yum, yum!

But alas it is Monday, back at it with Weight Watchers Points Plus and start pondering next week.  I weigh myself on Wednesday mornings and Saturdays, so I will keep everyone posted on that since, honestly the point of all of this is to continue to take off the weight but still enjoy the fabulous foods I love to make that I cannot even begin to concieve of points for! 

I am heading to Albany tonight with my friend Maria, check in tomorrow to see what I was able to find to incorporate into today's 26 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment